Saturday, June 09, 2007

Shrek 3

Another great film – I’ve liked all 3 in this series and they still continue to find ways to make you laugh really loud…

The story here is not the strong point – I think the first one excelled here & the second one was also a notch higher. However, you still have a very lovable ogre accompanied as always by the annoyingly lovable Donkey and the suave Puss in Boots. And the jokes are still exceedingly funny…

What I find amazing (in Disney cartoons and Pixar films) is the way they are able to layer the films – the way a 6 year old and a 36 year old are able to watch the film together yet find different parts funny, relate to different jokes. Jungle Book, Finding Nemo, Antz and Shrek have all had this uncanny ability and I continue to be in awe of them.

I’ve met people who tell me quite disdainfully that they don’t watch cartoons. And then they give you a superior, once over look, which says ‘its for kids’. I wish they would watch an animated movie like Shrek 3. It’s a great movie and I would have to be reminded that its a cartoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shrek is amongst my favorite cartoons of all times. This one was better than the second one but not as good as the first.